Timeline & Photos from Joshua Crane, The Coffee Ride
Follow along on the everyday adventures of The Coffee Ride’s daily bike deliveries. The Coffee Ride, a Boulder, Colorado based business, is creating awesome specialty roasts sustainably delivered by bike locally with the Burley Nomad. Rain or shine, The Coffee Ride always delivers your morning favorites.
- 7:00 am – Arrive at The Dream Factory (Roastery) and turn on the water kettle and music to set the mood.
- 7:15 am – Begin double checking orders and package any remaining beans from roasting the day before, all while enjoying a cup of fresh roasted coffee.
- 7:30 am – Write thank you notes on all invoices, pack compostable bags of coffee into compostable poly bags which protects the coffee from the outdoor elements and is intended to be used as a receptacle for all filters, coffee grounds and bag to be put out for curbside compost pickup.
- 8:00 am – Sort packages in order based on delivery route, a 40 mile loop around the city of Boulder, CO, and familiarize with location of any new orders as well as ship any additional out of town orders.
- 8:30 am – Pack up Burley Nomad utilizing all storage compartments to separate residential deliveries from wholesale. If overflow is needed, we’ll attach an extra storage bin on the handy Burley storage rack.
- 8:45 am – Double check all bolts and tire pressure on Burley and make sure to have flat kit and tools. If it’s snowing (which for some reason always happens on delivery day ;)) put on the 50 layers of Panache Cyclewear clothing to stay warm and toss in some foot and hand warmers.
- 9:00 am – Attach loaded Nomad trailer to bike. Head out the door to go work and have fun.
- 9-2:00 pm – Coffee delivery time is similar to the days of milk delivery. Dropping off bags of coffee at front doors, offices, grocery stores, and coffee shops all while making people smile along the way(which is such a rad part of the business because you’re the best part of most people’s work day).
- 12:30 pm – Lunch on the road
- 2-7:30 pm – If it’s in season, we brew coffee and head over to a local CSA for farm share pickup where customers can pick up coffee with their weekly produce.
- 8:30 pm – Clean up and turn off the lights until the next day.