The handlebar of the trailer can be adjusted easily without any tools required.
There is a lever on the right-hand side, and an exposed barrel nut on the left to adjust the handlebar rod tension if needed. Below are some helpful instructions which are also mentioned in the manual.
- The left-hand side is left open/exposed so that the barrel nut can be adjusted when needed.
- On the right-hand side of the trailer’s handlebar is the lever that locks the handlebar in place, open this up into the unlocked position.
- On the left-hand side of the trailer you will see a small barrel nut (Looks like a small soda can).
- Stand on the left-hand side of the trailer and with your left arm reach across the trailer to the other side of the handlebar.
- Squeeze the handlebar between your hip and your hand on the opposite side. This will help pop out the barrel nut from its housing.
- In 180 degree increments you can tighten the barrel nut, improving the locking power of the lever.
- Be sure not to over tighten the barrel nut as this can cause too much tension, making it possible to snap the cinch lever which holds the handlebar in place.