SAFETY RECALL NOTICE
Dash X FM (Frame Mount), Model No. 924004
Burley is voluntarily recalling the Dash® X FM (Frame Mount, Reclining) child bike seat shipped between February 2020 and July 2020.
At Burley, we take product quality and safety very seriously. Unfortunately, Burley has identified that the Dash X FM child bike seat may have a potential failure mode in its reclining plate. This creates a risk that when an excessive load is applied or during extreme and incorrect use, and if the secondary safety strap is not installed per manufacturer’s instructions, parts of the reclining plate may detach from one another and cause instability of the child seat.
The child seats affected by this recall can be identified by a serial number beginning in P924 and a Lot # beginning in the letter D or E. (For example, E1035 in the image to the right). The serial number is located on the underside of the unit.
The Dash FM and Dash RM child bike seat models are not affected by this recall.
Burley will replace the affected Dash X FM free of charge to its customers. Customers are directed to stop using their Dash X FM immediately and request a free a replacement child seat.
If you are a consumer
Enter your serial number into the search box below. If your product has been affected you will see “Recalled” in the status column. If there are no results your product has not been affected.
If your bike seat is affected, immediately stop using the product. Use the replacement request form to receive your free replacement child bike seat.
Burley will not require the affected unit to be returned. Please destroy and dispose of the recalled unit so it is inoperable. We recommend bending the mounting rails and cutting the harness and safety straps.Replacement Request Form
This recall applies to the Dash X FM (Frame Mount, Reclining Seat), with a serial number beginning in P924 and a Lot # beginning in the letter D or E only. The Dash FM, and Dash RM child bike seats are not affected by this recall.
If you are a Burley Dealer
Fill out this form to request return and replacement of your in stock Dash X FM units. The Burley customer service team will then be in touch with you to facilitate the product return.Dealer Return Request Form
For any additional questions that you may have, please contact our customer service representatives for assistance.
Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm PT
This recall is conducted voluntarily by Burley, and the remedy has been approved by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission through its Fast Track Recall program.
The safety and wellbeing of our customers is Burley’s highest priority, and we are sorry that one of our products has failed to meet our high standards. We regret any inconvenience that complying with this notice will cause you.
Why is Burley conducting a recall?
- Burley has received a report from its supplier that the Dash X FM child bike seat may have a potential failure mode in its reclining plate. This creates a risk that when an excessive load is applied or during extreme and incorrect use (for example, without the attachment of the secondary safety strap installed per manufacturer’s instructions) parts of the reclining plate may detach from one another and cause instability of the child seat. If this failure mode were to occur, the child seat would remain attached to the bicycle, however the instability of the seat would cause a risk of injury to the rider or child.
- Our child bike seats comply with all applicable safety standards, but Burley chose to conduct a voluntary recall because we felt it was the right thing to do, and we are working with the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission to publicize and carry out this program. Our products carry children. Parents all over the world trust us with their most precious cargo, and we are committed to doing everything in our power to keep their children safe.
How many bike seats are being recalled?
- About 784 Dash X FM bike seats are affected by this recall.
How many reports of this issue have been received?
- Burley has received no reports of failures or injuries.
How do I know if my bike seat has been recalled?
- The child seats affected by this recall can be identified by a serial number beginning in P924 and a Lot # beginning in the letter D or E. The serial number is located on the underside of the unit. The serial number and lot number are located on the lower rear of the child seats, on the white label that has “BURLEY” printed on it.
- “DASH X” is engraved on the rear of the child seat, near the top.
- Affected units were shipped between February 2020 and July 2020.
What should I do if my bike seat has been recalled?
- Immediately stop using your Dash X FM.
- Complete the Replacement Request Form to receive a free replacement child bike seat.